Tuesday, April 13, 2021

E.M Evaluating- First World War Mascots.

 Hello, everyone! How are you? I hope you are having a delightful day today! So for T-Shaped Literacy, we were supposed to read the three stories and pick three activities for that book on the activity chart. This is my second book and this is my second activity on the book. My book is called First World War Mascots by Philipa Werry. The book is explaining what mascots are and remembering what they did and how they helped us. The activity I chose was from the category Evaluating, and the activity was: Explain your feeling to a particular part of the book why do you feel this way? So the part of the book I chose was on page 2 of the book. That part explains what a mascot is and why did the soldiers have mascots. Read how I felt reading this down below this caption. This took me about 10 minutes to make and finish, I also found this easy but hard because I had to decide what part of the book to explain how I felt, I also found this great. if there is anything that I can do better next time, make sure to write it down below in the comments. Fun Fact: The population of New Zealand in 1914 was approximately 1.1 million. Wow! Please go and check out my work down below! Thanks, Eden.

When I was reading what a mascot is and why the soldiers had mascots, at first I felt confused because I didn't know what a mascot was and why the soldiers had mascots. Then after I found out what mascots were and why the soldiers had mascots I was completely happy, not angry one bit, because the animals looked so cute and it hit the spot when they said that they had the mascots not only for help but for company. (That's like having a pet.) I was very happy but sad because later on in the book some animals passed away, but when reading page 2 I felt happy and not confused anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.