Monday, April 12, 2021

E.M Understanding- First World War Mascots.

 Kia Ora everyone! How are you? I hope that you are having a beautiful day today! So for T-Shaped Literacy, we are learning about Anzac and the Mascots. The book I decided to read was First World War Mascots. It's about all the animals that stayed by the soldier's sides while they were at war and how they helped them defeat the other enemies. One of my favorite famous animals that were mentioned in the story was Pelorus Jack. He was a dog that helped a lot, but not in the war, on the HMS New Zealand. So I was supposed to choose something off the chart and I chose: Design a bookmark featuring the title, author, and a summary of your book. Decorate the bookmark with pictures of the book. To show you know about the book make a picture book. Illustrate the main idea of the book. Which I think is remembering the animals that helped in the first world war. I also think it's about the mascots and the book teaches the reader what mascots are and how they help, it also teaches them about animals and some of the animals that served in the first world war were exotic. This is my first task for my second book, just have one more book to go and two more tasks. This took me about 2 hours to make, I also found this exciting because I like doing crafts, I also found this great but kinda boring. Fun Fact: A snail can sleep for three years. All my work is down below. Please check out my work down below and if you have made it this far in the caption good job! You're a good reader. Thanks, Eden.

                                                                        






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.