Thursday, April 8, 2021

E.M Remembering- Torty The Lucky Tortoise.

 Hello, everyone! How are you? I hope you are having a wonderful day today! So my class Whenua is working on something new for T-Shaped Literacy. Can you guess what it is? We are learning about Anzac and some of the animals that went to war. So we were supposed to choose a story that was on the class blog and read the book. Then we were supposed to pick something off the chart and do that certain activity. There were many activities to do, but you can't do the same activity for the same book. So I chose to read Torty the lucky Tortoise. Torty is a Tortoise that was found by Stewart. Stweart took Torty into his home after she got ran over by a wheel. Then she went through a lot of things, she got stolen, found, in a fire, and through hibernation. This is the first activity that I chose off the chart. The activity I chose was: Are there any animals or natural settings in your book? If yes, draw and describe them. If no could there have been? Draw and Describe them. So I drew Torty and what she looked like, I also described her. I found this easy and hard. I also found this fun. This took me about 15 minutes to make. I also decided to write my text, and the text is down below this caption. I also put a picture of what Torty looks like. Fun Fact: Tortoises are ancient, Tortoises have been around for over 200 million years- longer than lizards, birds, mammals, crocodiles, and snakes. Thanks, bye, Eden.

Torty is a small tortoise. She has two-wheel marks on the top of her shell. When she was found, by her owner, she was around one hundred years old. While currently, she is two hundred years old. She has faded marks on her back. She is grey, black, and a very light orangey yellow. She has two little cute nostrils and a cute innocent face. She has lost some toes on her back toes. Her feet are scaly and rough. Overall she looks adorable. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.